These. cookies. are. so. awesome.
I found the recipe here. So what if the website is for college girls. Sometimes a Momma needs a little help, too. These little cookies certainly didn’t hurt my image at home. In fact, these little cookies elevated my status to goddess when I made them. Ok, at least for a little while. What are you waiting for? Make them and enjoy the compliments from your husband and kids.
Of course I didn’t follow the recipe EXACTLY. Here’s what I did:
What you need
- One softened cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces of instant pudding mix **the website says to use vanilla, I had chocolate. Chocolate works great, the only downside is that when you are baking them, you can’t tell when they start to get “golden brown”… so you just have to wing it, since they go in the oven brown. Mine turned out great, just baking them for 10 minutes, but if you are obsessive about it, you may want to check on them or just use vanilla. I personally like the chocolate better.
- 2 eggs
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- one teaspoon of baking soda
Okay, here is the fun part: the recipe says to use this:
- One cup of milk chocolate chips
- One cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup of M&M’s, any kind you like
- 1/2 cup of Reese’s Pieces
I used about a cup to a cup and half of semi sweet chips, a cup of m & m’s and a cup of white chocolate chips. I would have used a 1/2 cup of reese’s pieces if I had had them, but I didn’t. Didn’t matter, still good. If like nuts, add some nuts, if you don’t like it so chunky, don’t add as much chips or candy. Bottom line: Use what you have and what you like. You really can’t go wrong!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars
- Add the pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla into the mix and stir well
- Add the flour and baking soda to the mixture, and continue to mix well
- Finally, mix in the chocolate chips and the rest of the candy
- With a regular spoon or a scooper, drop a spoonful of the dough onto regular ungreased baking sheets
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown
I had some batter left over and I made a small cookie cake with it. Enjoy!